Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sheep Study

"Sheep Study"___5 x 7 oil on linen____$100 if you ask first
I call this a perfect stydy. It was quick, not "crafted" to be a painting and VERY spontaneous...just what an artist OUGHT to do when they are observing and painting from life....These sheep were in constant motion, milling around this great Oak tree, so I captured them quickly...Teaching as often as I do and for as long as I have, I see it all the time with adults and more experienced artists. They TRY too hard to create a "PAINTING" every time they pick up a brush!! Some times, just grab up the gear, locate your target and lay down the paint with all the "feeling" you can! In simple terms: "Ready...Fire.....Aim!"

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

GREAT advice! Guilty as charged - I will make an effort to sketch more often!