Saturday, July 17, 2010

Colorado Sketchbook-page 3

San Luis Valley Mesas - From my Colorado sketchbook, 2010 -
On the way "in" to our canyon and summer house, the land changes from farm valley, to mesas to the San Juan Mountains of southern Colorado. I did this sketch in the mesa area, near Mogote and Fox Creek....The trees there, mark the path of the Conejos River.
This is a really remote area of wildflowers, wildlife and certainly CRICKETS!
Not that I have seen many (mostly small grasshoppers, which I noticed while out painting yesterday), but I mention crickets, because I read a funny and thought provoking essay about "Cricket Places"...I pasted the link below...

http://www.insight.org/library/insight-for-today/devotional-archive.html
Friday, July 16

1 comment:

Linda Popple said...

Great sketches!