Wednesday, August 29, 2012

See the Thunder 2

See the Thunder___24 x 30 oil on linen___$4500 framed at Wind Way Gallery, Rockport, TX
A few weeks ago I posted the study for this painting. H.L. purchased it, and graciously let me hang onto it while I used it for reference to paint this larger version. I will show this one in Rockport, TX at Wind Way Gallery, where I have a special exhibit as their guest artist for the next couple months...unless you ask for it first ...
As a plein air painter, I often take my outdoor works and use them as studies for larger versions. One of the things I teach in my workshops is HOW TO create a large painting from a smaller study. ...BUT, my next workshop is all about sketching, drawing and grasping a glance quickly with a drawing instrument. It's called Chiaroscuro and Chocolate...see info below __________________________________________ 
Here are some locations for a few of my workshops. email me if you want more info on any of these...
See this SPECIAL ONE.
I can't wait to see the water go down the drain BACKWARDS there!
September 6, 12, 20, 27__Austin___ "Chocolates and Chiaroscuro" contact V...,. 
Sept. 15, 2012___Salado TX, Contact Belinda Walker__1 or two spots open!
Oct. 28-30__Texas__at Fredericksburg Artists School
2013___New York City, Colorado, Massachusetts, Michigan, Pennsylvania...
2014___February 23-March 1___New Zealand

**BE SURE to tell me if you sign up! I like to send things to my students to get them ready, keep them "seeing", and thinking, and talking about it!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Beautiful! Ahhhh - if I only lived a bit closer - chocolate and sketching! What fun!