Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Behrens Creek

Behrens Creek at the Pedernales___6x8 oil study on linen
Last weekend went out to Fredericksburg, TX for the opening of the American Women Artists show, but before I went to the festivities, I visited my friend, artist Nicole Kroeger. She is an expert at "Painting Parables" and her figures are exquisite...she tells a story with each work. Nicole's place is on Behrens Creek, right where it runs into the Pedernales...You could just HEAR and FEEL Texas history floating by...it was a calm, blue fall day, with color just turning the leaves....HEY NICOLE!, I'll be back!!!!
 
Trivia for my NON TEXAN friends...How do you pronounce "Pedernales"?
 
I'll have this little painting at Joel's next Wednesday for Chocolates and Chiaroscuro. Who's coming? Robin and I will do some live sketching, so come early and bring your kids or pets if you want a little sketch portrait for Christmas!...see info below

 

***
UPCOMING EVENTS
***
NOW thru Nov. 24 -  AWA Show, RS Hanna Gallery, Fredericksburg, TX
Wednesday, November 20 - Chocolate & Chiaroscuro....and Holiday CHEER
an open studio event featuring V....Vaughan and Robin Cheers...and CHOCOLATE
at Joel's Coffee House, Austin

 

1 comment:

claire christinel said...

Beautiful! Great light and mood.