Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Waiting for Green



"Waiting for Green"_____6x8 oil on fine linen_____taking to AZ unless someone wants it for $200

I painted this recently and my long drive today showed similar scenes: Spring is near! The trees have little green buds as far north as Southern Kansas! The cranes are on their way north, and the redbuds are splashing all over Oklahoma!

This longhorn had a warm sunbath, but the grass is not green yet....but SOON!

BIG NEWS!!!! The farm where I did all my painting had a big fire! Just when I plan to paint it next week "One Last Day on the Farm" 24 paintings in 24 hours....A film crew is supposed to come out for the marathon, but I will tell you more about that when it's a "sure thing".

I saw the blackened pasture and thin it will make for some interesting paintings!

Mark your calendar for a painting day in Rockport, TX! I'll give a plein air workshop on April 26. We will tackle drawing problems on canvas. Here is a hint...a pencil is a line maker, but a brush makes SHAPES!!! Contact me for info or to sign up. Click here vvaughan8@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I have a sketch of some longhorns that come to the Marshfield Fair each year. I must look it up and develop it. These poor things are saddled and preform in a 'Rodeo' show at the Fair.
I do eat longhorns BUT I do not approve of making a spectacle of animals for profit..... getting down from the soap box ;)