Saturday, August 01, 2009

Rain on the Canyon Wall

"Rain on the Canyon Wall"___6x8 oil on linen___$150 without the rain
This canyon wall is across the river from the house, and looms over the river. I like to sit on the porch and paint, so this was my challenge earlier in the week. When I started this painting, some visitors came by so I left the porch and got distracted for a few hours. A big storm came in and rain and wind blew hard and I forgot about the painting!. When I went back to it, the raindrops had made an interesting pattern on the blocked in canvas, that I just HAD to take a picture of it!! Take a look at it below. THIS is why I am an oil painter, and thankful that oil and water don't mix!!...I left it alone, the Colorado air dried it out in no time, and finished the painting above.....I will miss the rain. Hoping it follows me home as I am travelling home to Texas this weekend.



No comments: