Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hook Em_sketch, Longhorn, Texas


Hook Em__8.5 x 5.5 pencil sketch__$75
Ah, Longhorns! Our great symbol of Texas pride and the mascot of our University! I have always lived near pastures of longhorns, even now in a Round Rock neighborhood, there is a ranch nearby with many longhorns! I like to sketch them, because they have a different physique from the cows on our old farm. You cannot just sketch any old cow and then add horns. Longhorns look different!....and the females have horns, too!
PLEASE look at my new blog, and consider following my project "Passing America: The Great Plains". I heard from an artist buddy. Michael Ome Untiedt who was not real fond of the way I explained the project. He is one of my VERY FAVORITE artists and just about the best writer I know, so I will be doing some editing on that blog to communicate better what it is all about . Stay tuned and go take a look.
Click to reply E-mail vvaughan8@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Connie Chadwell said...

Really great! As a UT ex myself, I'm a fan of Longhorn art and I love this!