Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sam's First Outing

Sam's First Outing___from my sketchbook
It's already baseball season! I took my sketchbook to the field today, thinking I would sketch one of my son's teammates, Joe. Joe's mom won my donation at the silent auction fundraiser a few weeks ago. I donated a small painting of "whoever" wanted their ball player sketched in oils, and Joe's mom, Jennifer bid the highest! What I did not know was that Joe had pitched earlier in the week. My son has been injured and I really wasn't expecting him on the mound, but here he is...with a little sketch in the middle and my make-shift scorecard at left (he played 2 innings, and had 4 strikeouts, 2 base on balls and a couple of earned runs...yikes...preseason craziness! (also had a base hit at the plate!) Welcome back, Sam! Now go put ice on that arm!

1 comment:

k and c's mom said...

Samuel Vaughan; 11th grade version. Love this sketch!