Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Gentler Sound


A Gentler Sound___14 x 11 oil on linen panel_available at Roundup, Kerrville, TX MOWA, April 10-11
I painted this similar painting (see yesterday's post) because the first one sold...this will be at the museum for a month or so...come to Kerrville if you can! Again, there is a gentle little mourning dove sitting here...if you click the image on the blog you sill see a close-up, better version! Would love to know your thoughts on how these compare!...this bell is at Presidio La Bahia, Goliad, TX.
PLEASE come to Wickenburg, AZ this weekend for Cowgirl Up!
I need to catch a plane there, now! God Bless y'all

6 comments:

Linda Popple said...

I like both of these paintings, however, my favorite is the one posted on the 20th. It seems a little simpler and the dove is better seen. Also love the colors on the bell and that nice hit of triangular light. The colors in the shadows are nice, too. But, as I said, both are just wonderful!

RUDHI RĂ¼scher said...

BANG BANG! And the dove has gone ...

Candy Barr said...

Both nice soft light and strong design! Loved seeing your work at Sedona gallery yesterday after my painting outing! Not sure if I'll make it to Cowgirl Up show ..but I'll try!

Joanne Hanson said...

A difficult choice! I love the color in the rock wall, but really like the light on the bell in the first one. I would take either!

d'Morais said...

I would like to paint as well as you. This is a painting with little color, but it is very beautiful. It is also very symbolic. Congratulations.

d'Morais said...

I don't speak English well but I'll try to explain. I don't know but I think the bell is in the top of the church. I understand religion like a search of protection and peace, brotherhood etc. The birds and especially the white doves reflect peace. It is possible that your intention was quite different. But I felt that way. I liked your question. I'm sorry but my basic english not allow me to deepen my thinking.
I became your follower.