Thursday, March 18, 2010

A New Farm Painting_Grazing Together at the Bottom

Grazing Together at the Bottom___24 x 30 for Museum of Western Art Roundup Show, April 9-11, 2010

Here is one I will deliver to Kerrville, Texas and the museum of Western Art's Roundup show next month. It is derived from paintings I did at our farm. If you are not familiar with this story, please look at my web site, and the 365 small paintings I call "Last Year on the Farm". They are special, because they tell a special story... This Saturday is the opening of the LAST EXHIBIT of available "Last Year..." paintings. The exhibit runs through April 18, and is in the most beautiful part of Texas, suring the most beautiful time of the year...Because of the rains Central Texas expects a BANNER YEAR for bluebonnets. We are all excited to anticipate the best wildflower year in a long time. Take a road trip to Marble Falls and take in this last chance to see my beloved farm on canvas...this one last time!! I only have about 130 paintings left, and I have selected 100 for this exhibit. e-mail me for more info vvaughan8@yahoo.com

Here is a link to the invitation ...

2 comments:

Hope Cunningham Daily Paintings said...

You landscapes simply knock me out! I saw one in a gallery in Sedona. It was the most perfect composition. A vast expanse of grass, very high horizon and the center of interest tucked back in the distance. Very clever use of red to lead the eye. I would be terrified of all that green, but you really know how to pull off a large field in the foreground.

Joanne Hanson said...

Love it V! The colors of the background trees are wonderful!