Friday, April 16, 2010

Cedar Blues

Cedar Blues___6x8 oil study on linen panel___$170 WET!__click image to see details
This one "reads well" as a smaller image or thumbnail, but seeing the goopy details is kind of fun!
It's cloudy and rainy these days, but we all know the dry heat is on the way...when the clouds break, our hot Texas sun will make the grasses overwhelm these bluebonnets, so I am out in the fields as much as possible these days while the blue still shows. My guess is that this time next week much of the blues will be buried beneath the greens...such is bluebonnet season! In fact, these "bouquets" already were FULL of seed pods, which grow like peapods out of the stems under the flowers. Soon they will POP and spray the seeds far and wide for next year's crop!)..
.TAKE A DRIVE on SUNDAY to meet me in Marble Falls! I REALLY HOPE you will come see my special exhibit of 100 of the Last Year on the Farm paintings from my 2008 museum exhibit. I will be there to give a talk and sign copies of my book at 1 pm at the Gallery on Main...205 Main Street, Marble Falls, TX. See y'all there!

No comments: