Monday, August 02, 2010

San Pedro y San Rafael

San Pedro y San Rafael___#15 in my Colorado Sketchbook__auction soon

Out of our canyon and on the way to Antonito, CO there are plenty of little farms and homes in the valley. Between Mogote and Antonito this little church stands with Blanca Peak far in the distance. I have photographed this church MANY times over the years, but have never seen the doors open, and I wonder if anyone worships here anymore. ...but, there are homes directly across the street, so I suppose that even if there is no pastor, the building itself might remind people in the little community that ANY time is a good time for worship!
REMINDER…I will be “drive-by” painting some farms in Nebraska on Wed. through Friday this week…another leg of my Passing America: The Great Plains exhibit for 2011. I will also be at the Curator’s Choice reception at the Great Plains Art Museum in Lincoln, from 5-7 pm Friday, August 6. Please come meet me if you can!

**NOTE to Gail Smith's class!! I promise I will post my demo TOMORROW! I forgot that I already had this one above scheduled to post tonight...SORRY, but you have to come look at my blog TOMORROW, too!...hey, while you are here, why not sign up to get my blogpost by e-mail! see the "subscribe" button at right. :) or email me vvaughan8@yahoo.com

No comments: