Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Study for...

San Xavier Monsoon - study____8x6 oil on linen___available when I am done with it __$190

I like to work out my paint problems on a small scale, before diving into a large canvas. This painting has been "brewing" for a few years as I have traveled through Arizona...

I am working from my own reference: photos of the Mission San Xavier, pictures of monsoon clouds in Colorado, and sunset pictures from Arizona...it is a work in progress!
Took a quick trip to Kansas this weekend...do any of my blog friends know anyone in Salina, or Wichita, KANSAS...just curious!
:)

3 comments:

Douglas Clark said...

I've been there too it is a beautiful mission and you are creating a beautiful painting. On the subject of enlarging a painting, do you find very often that what works and creates enough interest in a small painting doesn't always have enough interest in a large painting? I don't think that would be the case in this painting at all, but I was wondering if you have had that happen and if so how did you combat that?

Valérie Pirlot said...

amazing! love it! Good luck wit the large version - looking forward to seeing it

Anonymous said...

This painting is amazing! I chose it as my favorite daily painting on my blog, rosaspicks.wordpress.com. I hope you'll come by and check it out! Thanks, Rosa