Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Plain Flurries

Plain Flurries__6x8 oil on linen panel for Passing America: The Great Plains
As I wrap up the details for my upcoming exhibit, I cleaned up this little "drive-by" painting, today...I painted it last year as we came out of the northern New Mexico mountains and had our first view of the plains. Just then, the clouds opened up and let down some light flurries of snow...
By the way, all the plains paintings are for sale, but I will not be able to deliver them until after the event is over (late December)...That gives you time to pay off a lay-away purchase if you want to take your time paying it off....a number of collectors are doing JUST THAT, right now...just e-mail me if you see one you like ! vvaughan8@yahoo.com
My workshop and show/event schedule is below....
My Schedule-----------------
August___Painting the Plains...I will be ALL OVER The place, finishing my project which opens on Oct. 7...
October 7___
Passing America: The Great Plains. Lincoln, NE...Reception and Gallery Talk in the evening
Oct. 8-13___
Nebraska Workshops...painting farms en plein air
Oct. 18-Nov. 17___Remembering the Farm, Solo show at Inspiration Gallery at Riverbend Church, Austin
October 27___Remembering the Farm Reception and Gallery Talk 5-8 pm. Riverbend, Austin
Nov. 9-11___Fall Workshop at Fredericksburg Artists' School
June 11-13, 2012___Spring Workshop at Fredericksburg Artists School
Summer 2012 Workshop...early August, 2012! TBA!





No comments: