Monday, August 29, 2011

The Vast

The Vast__8x10 oil on linen panel for Passing America: The Great Plains

Believe it or not, we left yesterday for Kansas, and are already back to Texas (at 2 pm!) it was a whirlwind trip! We started at Round Rock Donuts, picking up a few dozen of those warm world's best donuts ...a special order from my son. I am proud to say EVERY ONE OF THEM made it to Kansas...not proud to say that I do not think I trained my son very well in the art of SHARING :)
The Kansas Wesleyan Coyote football team had their first inter-squad scrimmage game. There were about 120 men on the sideline, including SIX quarterbacks...my young freshman played about half of the second half, and did really well in a "hurry-up" , "no-huddle" offense, running plays that he had never seen before 10 days ago...The highlight of his night was a 60 yard TD pass (only about 40 of it in the air, the rest of it was from the legs of the receiver)


On Thursday, I will leave for Nebraska, to deliver the works for the exhibit, which opens on October 7.

No comments: