Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cowgirl Quick Draw

Cowgirl Quick Draw Study____a gift for my "host", Monica Lambert!___6x8 oil on linen panel
For some reason I cannot load the picture of my actual quick-draw...so take a good look at this one and I will load the BIG one tomorrrow.
A "Quick Draw" is an event where artists have ONE HOUR to complete a painting, then the works are auctioned for the benefit of the Museum. I rose early this morning to see a beautiful sunrise shining on Vulture Peak in Wickenburg, so I did this study, and used it as reference for a larger, 16 x 20 version. The Cowgirl Up! event has been another wonderful time in the art world! Wonderful women painters and sculptors are here, and you ought to see the BEAUTY!...both on the walls and in the great western clothing these women wear...
My Quick-Draw painting sold to some NEW FRIENDS who bought Shady Wait last night...
Headed home soon!

No comments: