Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Shady Wait

Shady Wait___16 x 48 oil on wood panel (see frame below on blog___$4500




This one was painted especially for the upcoming Cowgirl Up! art show in Arizona


I did the studies for this painting right there in the corral at Colorado's Rainbow Trout Ranch last summer...This one has an unusual proportion, which really is hard to photograph....looks better in person. I shipped it and 4 other works to Arizona last week for Cowgirl Up! Talk about a FUN event! If you are anywhere near Wickenburg, AZ From March 23 to May, please go see the show. The events weekend is March 23-24, and the show runs through May.....BUT!


Today I arrived in Montana for the great C.M. Russell Auction, another huge western art event. This is my first year at the Russell, and I will be at the museum for the auction (Thursday night) and then at the Meadow Lark Country Club (on Friday morning) for a "Quick Draw", which is really a "Quick Finish" event... I am planning to do a BIG work. Come watch me paint !


______________V....Vaughan Spring Schedule________________


March 15-17, C. M. Russell Museum Auction, Great Falls, MT


March 23-25, Cowgirl Up! Desert Caballeros Western Museum, Wickenburg, AZ
April 9-13, Southeastern Plein Air Festival, Gadsden, AL


...see my schedule for more dates and events
Framed version__click to enlarge

detail

No comments: