Saturday, June 30, 2012

Bright Morning Walk

Bright Morning Walk__7x5 oil study__$150
At the park where we had the workshop, there are some nice walking trails. I got tired of painting the trees so turned to see this girl on the trail with her dog. For about 20 seconds I "memorized" what I saw...paying special attention to the things that would change first! When she had passed out of view, I quickly put down what I remembered, added the background (which DID NOT change because it was still there) and then I finished it by making up the rest!!!. All of this took about 30 minutes. Then, The FUN PART was, that she walked by AGAIN, and I got to check my work!
I teach these techniques in my workshops...helping you to see and capture IMPRESSIONS quickly.
Below are locations for a few of my workshops. email me if you want more info on any of these...
And here is a link to a SPECIAL ONE.
(I can't wait to see the water go down the drain BACKWARDS there!)
July-August ___weekly__Austin___ "Chocolates and Chiaroscuro" 
Sept. 15, 2012___Salado TX
2013___New York City, Colorado, Massachusetts, Michigan, Pennsylvania...
2014___February 23-March 1___New Zealand

**BE SURE to tell me if you sign up! I like to send things to my students to get them ready, keep them "seeing", and thinking, and talking about it!

No comments: