Thursday, March 14, 2013

Paloma en la Noche

 
Paloma en la Noche___24 x 24 oil on linen___available at Cowgirl Up!
The "Dove of the Desert" is San Xavier Mission in Tucson, AZ. "Dove in the Night" is my painting of this solemn place under the moonlight.
Cowgirl Up! kicks off in about a week. It is the best gathering of western women artists in the country... an event full of fun and fabulous art.
For the next three days, I will post the large works I created especially for this event.
_______________________
 
Below is a special piece of art created by my art student, Ethan, for a big contest. It came out SO WELL, I just HAD TO post it!
 
Mallard in Flight over the Shallows by Ethan Wiggins__9x12  oil on panel
Ethan's entry for the Federal Jr. Duck Stamp Competition, Texas event 2013
Good Luck, Ethan!

2 comments:

John Farnsworth said...

Wow, V., you've done it again, a real winner! I'm telling Rosa! If I don't go to Mexico or points South, I hope to meet you at Cowgirls Up. Either way that's one fine painting you just posted!
John Juanderlust

Stephanie Berry said...

Very pretty nocturnal.