Thursday, July 25, 2013

52 - Rufous Hummmmmm

Rufous Hum__8x6 oil on canvas panel__$250 framed, shipped
#52 in the Birdseed Project
Yesterday's Bear lives in the same Colorado canyon as this little hummingbird.
Our family place on the Conejos River is a secluded place with beauty and LIFE everywhere!
This time of year, the wildlife are just beginning to pack on the calories, getting themselves ready to hibernate or migrate! This Rufous Hummingbird laid claim to one of the feeders and attempted to have it to himself. He burned more energy than he ate!
I have this one and a dozen other works on sale at the Annual Fire House Fund Raiser this weekend (July 27-28)...I hope you can go see it and support the fire prevention efforts all over the Rockies.
NEXT YEAR I will teach and lead a few painters all over this area, capturing some of the diverse beauty of Southern Colorado. I have prepared a little pdf flyer with LOTS of location pictures. Let me know if you are interested!

No comments: