Saturday, April 12, 2008

Fickle Windmill


"Fickle Windmill" .............a study for Tom and Debbie's painting
I spent the morning at Debbie and Tom's Ranch, photographing and sketching. Before I finished this sketch, the wind changed direction and the blades spun into a BLUR....so this one is mighty rough...then the afternoon and evening were filled with baseball games where it was SENIOR DAY for the Univerisity of Mary Hardin-Baylor Crusaders. Our team just couldn't get it going today and we lost a couple of high scoring ball games....
This time next week, I will paint ONE LAST DAY ON THE FARM. So, for the next week, I will be painting from photos of the farm, getting my eye ready to paint 24 in 24 hours...hope you will stay tuned!

3 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Those windmills are classic. Love the blur....

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Oh, and the Red Sox are off to a great start. We Bostonians, having been in the depths of despair for so many years, still have to pinch ourselves.
Not One World Series championship but TWO in 4 years! It was a very long drought for us ;)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Uh oh, it was the Texas Rangers they just beat 4 in a row ;/
Being still in Florida the games aren't televised here so, I wasn't aware of that when I wrote my post :D Wasn't meaning to rub it in :)