Monday, April 07, 2008

Round Rock Color Notes


"Round Rock Reinlie" 8 x 6
I posted a sketch of this ball player a few weeks ago, but now I am taking the paint to the ball games. He is the first baseman and clean-up hitter for the nationally ranked Mary Hardin-Baylor Crusaders. I am working on a bigger painting of my favorite player on that team, which I will post another time.
I like the light on the ball fiels. there is a lot of contrast and a certain atmosphere that only paint can capture!
I have a link below to a GREAT youtube video about a blind painter. The clip was produced by the Texas Country Reporter, who is interviewing me this week for a spot on their May 18 show.They are interested in my Last Year on the Farm story. Bob Phillips is a great reporter and I know he will tell it with their special flair! I will keep you posted about the actual date it airs.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Love the blind painter. Just shows you what humans are able to do if they put their minds to it.