Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Platte River - Crane Sounds- 2


"Platte River Crane Sounds 2"
About a week ago I posted the beginning of this painting. Here it is all done : The Platte River, where, by now, I suppose the cranes have all left to go north.
Interestingly, as I went out to paint our old farm a few days ago, the first thing we saw while standing in the pasture , high overhead was a large group of sandhill cranes. They were circling and making their familiar sounds, calling to a smaller group which joined them in the air. My heart soared up there with them as I anticipate my next 24 hour adventure there, next week.
The word seems to be spreading and more people are calling to ask about my "One Last Day on the Farm"...I hope you will follow the next week's blog posts as I share just how I will do 24 paintings in 24 hours....
To read a good review about "Last Year on the Farm" click the link below

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Looks just like the North River in Marshfield. Love it!