Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bottomland__detail 1

"Bottomland"__detail____original oil painting on linen__20 x 60
click image to see detail of the detail!

This detail might look good as a separate painting...hmmm...I Might do a composition like this when I get home. Tomorrow I leave for Gadsden, Alabama, and the first ever Southeastern Plein Air Festival, where I am one of the featured artists. I can't wait to see my friends Becky and Ronnie and Steve and Elaine and all the gang out there, and to paint the Nuckaloosa Falls and all the other places in that thick Alabama atmosphere...and someone there can give me a spelling lesson on the right way to spell the falls...I will post the new paintings while I am there...stay tuned!


2 comments:

Roxanne Steed said...

OOH, that is a beautiful section all on its own.....I'll bet the whole thing is stunning in its entirety!

Mark Landes said...

I like your paintings.