Friday, May 21, 2010

Approaching the Storm

Approaching the Storm__Coleman, TX_See the trip blog: Passing America...
Have you ever been to the Joslyn Museum in Omaha, NE? Well I have, as of this morning. I will tell about it when I post works from my current trip through Nebraska, but for now, here is another one from last week's trip thru the Texas Plains Trail. Click the link above to read about the route. This was the only bad weather we had ...a huge storm before Coleman and Winters, TX. The sky was black and lightning was all around us. Do those brush strokes seem nervous? I painted this one and another one as we went through the storm. The strokes are even MORE nervous on the other one...I will have to photograph it when I get back. Postings will be sparse for a few days while we head to Denver, Colorado across the plains. WHAT an amazing place!

3 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Once again, you totally amaze me. I love the simplicity of this composition and your economy of brushstroke. You make it look so easy.

bj said...

I love the looseness of this one! And I'm excited that you're going on a fabulous painting trip. We're eagerly awaiting the posts from the trip.

nancy reves said...

Love the painting. Captures the storm and landscape so well. (We have a ranch outside of Coleman.)
What a small world we live in!