Sunday, May 09, 2010

Horse on Blue

Horse on Blue__6x8 oil study on linen panel___$190

The near meadow was in the shadow of the thick morning clouds, but we could see the sun on the distant hill and clear skies ahead....I really do not like painting on FULL clear blue skies, but I prefer a few clouds to bring interesting light and shadow patterns on the landscape.
I painted this one not too far from Fredericksburg, where I will be teaching a workshop on June 14 - 16. We will have an optional day on June 17 for those who want to WORK WORK WORK on the things we learn the other 3 days. e-mail if you are interested vvaughan8@yahoo.com
We have had one (last?) weekend of cool weather, but we all know that summer heat is just around the corner. Personally I love the hot hot days of summer, and actually feel more energetic than on a crisp winter day...
Did you get to see this video? It is me talking about the farm...just put on You Tube last week by the Texas Country Reporter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j1N1yZkpZ8

2 comments:

Linda Popple said...

Just watched your video - very inspiring! Your positive attitude is so good to see as you make a life change. I feel your loss and sadness from your words, but your beautiful paintings hold no hint of that. Thanks for sharing!

bj said...

I bought your "Last Year on the Farm" book last year. I have the fondest of memories of my own Grandfather's small farm in North Georgia. I've watched the video twice...and both times there were tears. Your love for the land and the positive outlook you have are inspiring for me, another plein air landscape artist.