Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Junior

Junior___a sketch of our new "baby"___see real guy below
A lot has happened since my high school senior son's first football game at the end of August! On that night my daughter's dog had puppies....6....Here is what has happened since then, which explains why I have not posted much!...Wedding showers for older son, company came, football game, puppies eyes opened, booster club meetings every Monday, plan rehearsal dinner, newspaper announcements, invitations to various, two out of town football games in a row, then a wedding the next day, start ebay auction of sketchbook, return wedding stuff, homecoming parade, puppies are almost paper trained, but need to go outside and play a lot, ...so fun!!...feed football player great volumes of food, gather videos for football recruiting highlight film, ship art to Nebraska for Plains Artist show (I won 3rd!), deliver art to Parade of homes, drive to Dallas area for art show, I back out when I got there because of tornado threat, spent day at the art museum, football injury!...is it broken?, deliver big box of art to Taos,... no, just sprained...whew!...reply to all those recruiting e-mails, to college in New York ? no thank you!, California?, no thank you...got anything in Texas, please? Shots for 6 puppies, then homes for 5...how did we end up with the runt?, he was the cutest! Decided that daughter is a better salesman than I thought, as she steered the interested parties to the other puppies...now we are "stuck" with the runt....which brings me to today's sketch. Meet JUNIOR! I sketched him while on the phone to Amanda in Nebraska, today....usually he has one ear up! ...I am teaching him to fetch...between football games....Thank you to those who have asked "where are you???"...I will be back to the easel regularly THIS WEEK...after the football game!






4 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Oh V, he is precious!!

bj said...

What a little sweetie! And we have missed your posts...looking forward to hearing from you.

Stephanie Berry said...

Hi V....I hadn't checked your site for a while. Obviously you've been one busy woman! Love the sketch of your new little one. That was what grabbed me the first time I visited your blog--a sketch of a dog. Blessings with your new addition.

Bonnie Heather said...

Whew! I'm impressed. Congrats on the third prize... that's awesome.