Thursday, October 21, 2010

ARUN

ARUN__sketch for my friend!
I hope my friend is in bed, but she is a late night person like me...we walk together every morning, so I will give this to her, then....it is a sketch of her son, Arun (rhymes with "maroon", the color of our football team)....Last time we played, 2 weeks ago, Arun caught a couple of my son's passes for touchdowns! Since then, we have had a "bye week", and now our team is all healthy for the big game tomorrow!...there is nothing quite like Texas 5A High School Football! It includes more than just the game: big bands, we have a state champion drum line that plays the whole game...drill team, dances, cheerleaders, mascots, color guard, HUGE inflated mascot that the football guys run through...It is a great time for the communities...and, of course the young people LOVE IT!
My son is the quarterback...here is his "highlight film"...it's a work in progress!
My upcoming schedule is below...
Oct. 32...THIS SATURDAY The Texas Country Reporter Festival in Waxahachie, TX...come see me!
Nov. 17-18 (Wed.- Thus)….Bryan/College Station, TX vvaughan8@yahoo.com for info
Jan. 27-29 or so…..Rockport, TX ***This one is for ART TEACHERS. It would count as “in service”…continuing education credits and all that. You would sign up for several different workshops and your school ought to be able to pay for it …I am not sure of the dates, but sign up for it is right now, I think! See Rockport Art Center for details! . I am just one of MANY instructors!
June 13-15, 2011…info at Fredericksburg Artists School


October 4-6, 2011 David City, Nebraska in conjunction with the opening of my exhibit on October 7, 2011
"Passing America: The Great Plains"

I also offer PERSONALIZED workshops…if you can round up a group of 10 - 15 , I provide all the literature and info, you just collect the money and organize locations and you get to come FREE!...If I have to travel, the fees would include travel expenses…It works well, and I do this all over the country!

No comments: