Monday, January 17, 2011

Abiquiu Bluff

Abiquiu Bluff___6x8____for SB
I am headed off to the northern Great Plains tomorrow. A fantastic trip I have planned for over a YEAR is finally going to happen!
Here is the "itinerary" in brief:
From St. Paul, MN I will take the Amtrak Empire Builder across the plains to Montana!...painting all the way! These will be "drive-by" paintings, many studies, and sketches from the rails. MANY of the works will be under the full moon. I am MOST excited about that part.
My oldest friend in the world (well, she is about my age, but I have known her longer than anyone) is coming along for the ride, and we expect to have a blast on the rails.
I hope to blog a little bit, but if not, there will be PLENTY of new thoughts when I get back, next week.

4 comments:

Linda Popple said...

Sounds like a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it and see your work!

This painting is lovely - great colors!! :-)

Ann Reyes said...

Have a wonderful trip!!! I can't wait to see what you bring back. (paintings, of course...)

Douglas Clark said...

Have a great trip. Lucky you. I went down to the coast but my back was hurt. I didn't think I'd get to do anything but I did do a few small paintings. I got some great news. I was asked to submit two sculptures to the Insight Gallery's Texas Stampede show. Thanks again for your encouragement when I took your workshop!

Ruth Andre said...

Have fun on your trip. Taking the train does sound like fun. Albiquiu is one of my favorite places and you have captured it so well.