Thursday, September 27, 2012

Skull Study__demo

Skull Study__demo with watercolor pencils on paper
The photo below this one shows "step 1". Watercolor pencils are a fun medium for sketching. We are working with these in my high school art classes, and ALSO in my month-long weekly evening drawing class "Chiaroscuro and Chocolate"...tonite is the last class, and I look forward to the "new folks" who are coming!...We have had a blast! I supply the drawing materials, and a little bit of encouragement, Brad supplies the chocolate (and coffee and teas) and the artists bring their paper...
If you would like to know about this series, EMAIL ME and I will put you on the info list...we will resume again in a few weeks...maybe!...below are the locations for my other workshops...
 
_______________________WORKSHOPS_____________________

September 27__Austin___ "Chocolates and Chiaroscuro" contact V...,. 
Oct. 28-30__Texas__Full Moon at Fredericksburg Artists School, contact V...,.
2013___New York City, Colorado, Massachusetts, Michigan, Pennsylvania...
2014___February 23-March 1___New Zealand

**BE SURE to tell me if you sign up! I like to send things to my students to get them ready, keep them "seeing", and thinking, and talking about it!
 
Some Sophomores from Hyde Park Baptist School, Austin, TX...on Tuesday I helped this group serve at the Reveal Ministries Food Pantry...this group helped unload, and distribute 13 tons...yes TONS of food, like potatos, cabbage, carrots, onions, cereal and other things...and they sorted thousands of childrens' clothes for distribution to some of Austin's needy people...This is the "after" photo!!!... yes, they did it with a lot of JOY!!!
 

No comments: