Saturday, September 01, 2007

Oak and Pecan




"02-07-2007 Last Year on the Farm"
Without cows last Feb. I focused on the contrast of trees below my studio. An oak stands in front of a pecan. Pa planted a row of pecans along and above the tank but I have photos that were taken before they were there! I am particularly fond of pecans. They "read" the seasons better than any tree I know. My next farm will have a bunch of them! :)
All 365 of the "Last Year on the Farm" paintings will be on display at our farm in the month of October. YOU ARE INVITED TO A SPECIAL RECEPTION on Saturday, Oct. 20, 2007, from 10 am till 8 pm. PLEASE e-mail me your address and I can send you a proper invitation, if you would like to come see where these were painted...before the gate is locked forever and development happens. :)

No comments: