Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Calvert Sunrise 1 __6 x 8




"Calvert Sunrise 1"____6 x 8 oil on linen____$150 to the first who asks!

On Saturday morning 11 others joined me before the break of day, in Calvert, TX for a one day workshop (see me at sunrise, below!) . This was my "warm-up" painting. A "get to know you" demo, that I like to do to start my workshops. The early session is always optional ( but I give an A+ to anyone who comes! ha!). I aim to finish it before it gets light enough for anyone to really "see" it!
The beauty of this spot was that it was low and there was some light fog. Halfway through the painting, all the cows in this pasture trotted in front of us, in silhouette, and moved to the pasture to our left. It made for some beautiful photos for the group. I hope they will paint from the pics they got! ...I like my little one above well enough to think about doing a big one....






2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Intrepid Painter!
I love the color in this.

Jeff Mahorney said...

wow it really is beautiful. I love the mist/fog rising above the cows. Look how much more justice you do this scene vs. the camera