Tuesday, September 01, 2009

San Jose Panorama _ study_ 4 x 10

"San Jose Panorama _Study_ 4 x 10 oil on linen panel. Click for detail...$190 unframed, $250 framed
When I visited the San Antonio Missions the other day, it was HOT...about 103 that day. (Texans are making sport of all this heat now...just 3 more days of this and we will have broken the all time record for number of days over 100 in a year! woohoo!)...Some of the living quarters in the wall around this great mission have been restored and inside these thick walled rooms, it was only about 85-90 degrees...MUCH cooler than the outside air! These rooms weren't restored last time I was there, so I was REALLY excited to see the changes! I think this is the most painted mission in San Antonio...it is simply beautiful. One time I was visiting and there was a wedding. OFTEN there is a Mariachi Mass going on...I have a really neat frame for this painting. Let me know if you want to see it framed.

No comments: