Saturday, October 10, 2009

Moonlight Wash_11 x 14_ Colorado, mountain, moonlight, fall

"Moonlight Wash"___11 x 14 oil on linen...available at Act I Gallery, Taos, NM
After painting yesterday's moonlight scene, I went inside (it was COLD in the mountains!) and observed this scene out the window... By now, the moon was high, and full and there was a LOT Of light washing over the mountain. I could even see the cloud shadows moving across....I took mental notes (and a few scribbled ones on paper) and painted this the next day.
It's hard to photograph dark oil paintings...there tends to be a sheen on the surface where the sky ought to be dark....sorry about that! I will be teaching a NIGHT SKY workshop...and other topics, in beautiful Fredericksburg, TX, early next year...Feb 5 -7, 2010....it's a great time of year to get out of the "cold" if you live up north! Our February weather can be cold, too, but sometimes the flowers are already blooming....
Let me know if you want info! vvaughan8@yahoo.com

No comments: