Friday, October 09, 2009

Mountain Lights_11 x 14_moonlight, mountain, Colorado

"Mountain Lights"__11 x 14 oil on linen panel___available at Act I Gallery, Taos, NM
We had a full moon while we were in Colorado a few days ago....the moon was up when I painted this, but it was behind the clouds. There was plenty of light to paint by on our porch, so I stayed there a while and studied the clouds and the movement of shadows onthe mountain. I titled this not just for the moonlight, but also for our neighbor's porch lights (at lower left) and the beautiful pinpoints of starlight, too.
I did three moonlight painting, so I will post them for the next few days. I would LOVE to know which one you like best!
I am teaching my techniques for painting at night...please check my workshop schedule if you want to come try it!
OCTOBER SCHEDULE_________________________
Oct. 17 Workshop in Calvert, TX. A mini half-day Plein Air Workshop. Sunrise demo, followed by workshop until noon. Primarily in oils, but all media and skill levels are welcome. Officially starts at 8 a.m. and ends with lunch. $45 Contact Cecelia at grannyc_54@yahoo.com for information and a supply list. http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#/profile.php?id=1380900702
Oct. 24 Texas Country Reporter show, Waxahachie, TX Courthouse. ALL DAY Sunday
Oct. 25 First Annual Bovine Art Show, Cactus Jack's in Gruene, TX
Oct. 31 All Day Workshop with Austin's PACT. Limit 20 students email me for details vvaughan8@yahoo.com

No comments: