Monday, January 18, 2010

Sleepy Head_6x8 oil, cat


Sleepy Head__6x8 oil on linen panel__for Southeastern Wildlife Exposition...unless you ask first $190
I have met some great cats, lately and they have been my "models" this week. A nice BALANCE to all the birds I have painted lately! Funny how we think of cats and birds being enemies...and certain dogs and cats. We have a menagerie of dogs ad cats and there is a special (friendly ) dynamic between a few of them...except there is always one cat who hates EVERYBODY!...I wonder why that is....But, this is not THAT cat...He i a sweetie, and belongs to a friend.
Join me in Fredericksburg, TX Feb. 5-7 for an intense 3 day workshop. Lots of COLOR in this one, as we take on the sunrises, sunsets and moonrises of central Texas. Our weather is often warm that time of year. Today was beautiful and it's supposed to be near 70 all week...come on down!!! e-mail me for info vvaughan8@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Oh, what a cat this is! This is wonderful.

Our Fredericksburg has had nearly 60 this week, and we are so happy! Enjoy that wonderful Texas sunshine.

Delilah said...

I can feel the warm sunshine on his fur.