Friday, June 11, 2010

Dancer- Sand HIll Crane

Dancer-a Sand Hill Crane___8x6 oil study on linen panel___$190
I hope you have enjoyed the "break from my almost daily postings of art. I am working hard on my museum show, and preparing for a flurry of posts about my recent trips through the Great Plains...these two go together! The museum exhibit will be at the Great Plains Art Museum in October of 2011...what seems like a long time from now will come on me in a hurry, so I am immersed in my studies, sketches and writings about this project....here is a painting of one of my favorite Plains residents: the Sand Hill Crane. Really, the cranes are "temporary residents, spending a few weeks along the Platte river as they fly north in early spring.
There is still room for a couple more painters in my Fredericksburg, TX workshop next week...PLEASE let me know if you want to come. It is OK to sign up at the last minute!MOST of the participants have signed up in the past couple days...what's the deal, y'all? :)
We will be working on Monday - Wed, with an optional day on Thursday. The days will be packed full of painting, sketching and studies to make you a FASTER painter...and we'll have great chat times with other artists...
The class is small...only about 10 or so, and I will NOT have more than 12, so you willl get lots of one on one time! vvaughan8@yahoo.com

No comments: