Friday, June 25, 2010

Road Trip

Road Trip___12 x 12 oil on canvas, gallery wrap____$550, i think
I delivered this one to an exhibit a couple of weeks ago. In Austin, Hill COuntry Bible Church Northwest (on 620) has a beautiful exhibit space (several of them!), and some greatly skilled and dedicated artists who bring new exhibits every 3 months...The current exhibit is called "Roads and Directions", and this is my submission. I used a small study from my Bluebonnet spring paintings, and worked it up on a 12 x 12 gallery wrap. That means the canvas wraps around a deep edge. I painted the edge (see below) .
For this show, artists are to write an interpretation of the work. Here is mine, pertaining to "Roads and Directions:
TITLE: Road Trip
The open road is a PERFECT picture of our walk with Christ.
There are places along the way where we can see a great distance. Yet, even then the road seems to vanish over the edge of the earth as it receeds into the countryside. There are curves in the road, trees obscuring the path and shadows of clouds skipping along. Maybe this is why we enjoy the summer road trip!





5 comments:

Marie Theron said...

The greens are very fresh, and I always like your roads with which you lead the eye into the paintings!

bj said...

I love the divided highway painted edge on your gallery wrap canvas! Your description is lovely.

Victor Errington said...

I love your last two postings V. Brilliant. All the best.
Vic.

Scarlett Clay said...

Love this! Especially the creative edges--awesome! I missed out on contributing to the exhibit this time around and didn't get to see yours or any of the other pieces...already time to start planning for the Fall I guess. Glad I got to see your painting on here (and read your interp.)! It's beautiful!

Scarlett Clay said...

Love this! Especially the creative edges--awesome! I missed out on contributing to the exhibit this time around and didn't get to see yours or any of the other pieces...already time to start planning for the Fall I guess. Glad I got to see your painting on here (and read your interp.)! It's beautiful!