Friday, June 18, 2010

Sunset at the Art School

Sunset at the Art School____6x8 oil on linen panel___$190 (unless you were inthe class...wink)
This one above was painted on Day 2. For this painting, I had the students sketch the basic landscape BEFORE the afternoon break. They had painted it the evening before, so they knew where the sun would be at sunset.Then they PRE-MIXED a palette full of "sunset colors", using my study from the night before. Our afternoons were hot, so the class took a break then. Folks went in to Fredericksburg to see the great galleries and shops that they are famous for...Fredericksburg, TX is also known for fine dining as well as fruit stands in abundance...and PERFECT timing for this year's bounty! I came home with tons of peaches, berries and tomatos...can't get fat on those, I hear, but I am doing my best to try!
We gathered together again at 7:30pm to set up to catch the quickly changing light...The sketch was ready, the color mixes were on the palette, ready, set, GO!!!!



2 comments:

Carol Reynolds said...

Love the colors! Nice job!

Linda Popple said...

Wish I could have been in your class as it sounds like a lot of fun and a great time of learning. Maybe next year.

Last two paintings are lovely. The colors are beautiful.