Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pig Giggles

Pig Giggles___a sketch in oil on linen panel___
My workshop class spent another morning at the Living History Museum at the LBJ State Park in Fredericksburg. We did MANY 20-30 minute sketches of the farm animals and buildings. Rather difficult since the animals were moving around a lot today. Yesterday we used our pencils and sketchbooks...today we sketched with brushes and canvas...This might be the first picg I have sketched/painted from life...he was trying to climb into the feed trough, to hog the food. (pun intended :)...below is a shot of most of the group. Just as I shot this, they started laughing because the pigs were making some unusual pig sounds...
Tomorrow we meet early for the sunrise....yawn!



2 comments:

Linda Popple said...

How funny! Even reading this and seeing your sketch made me laugh. Must have been hilarious to have been there. Great way to begin my day! :-)

Mitzi Easley said...

I love your pig... you rendered him acurately and in modest colors and yet, he's funny. Great gesture drawing!