Saturday, September 03, 2011

Channing Rain

Channing Rain___6x8 oil on linen panel__for Passing America: The Great Plains
Yesterday's post was painted in the same vicinity as this one....Both were painted on a trip I took along the entire Texas Plains Trail, one spring. This trip ws about 800 miles over 3 days and each day we would learn that tornados visited the place we visited the day before....it seemed as if the twisters were following us! AH, SPRINGTIME on the Great Plains!!! I remember painting this one with lots of "agitated" brushstrokes. I find that if I feel anxious, my brushwork looks that way...tornados make me anxious :)
***PLEASE follow my blog closely for the next month if you can....I have a LOT to say about upcoming events, and will be giving a lot of info about my "almost completed" plains project. I try hard to NOT say too much at a time...hate to be tedious! But I am a teacher at heart. Everything in life is a "lesson" and I like to share it...I think the lessons I have been given in the course of this 3 year project are very meaningful, and the meaning to ME might differ from the meaning to the viewer....that is the great beauty of communicating with ART!...stay tuned!




No comments: