Monday, September 19, 2011

#93 - Morning Puff

Morning Puff___8x10 oil on linen__$590 framed for Passing America: The Great Plains




Along the Texas Plains Trail one morning, I did this "drive-by" painting south of Lubbock, near Slaton, TX. These humid clouds and all the moisture and "lift" became tornados later in the day. (May 17, 2010)





This canvas is one of 150 works completed for a solo show at the Great Plains Art Museum at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Please join me at the opening reception on Friday, October 7, 5 - 7 pm. I will give a brief talk about the works and my journey through the Plains. The Exhibit runs from Oct 7 - Dec 11, 2011...please let me know if you go, and what you think!





ALSO...PLEASE see what you can do to help a Bastrop, TX fire victim...My good friend, Linda....(below)










Flames of Life





A SPECIAL REPRODUCTION to benefit a Texas fire victim___various sizes





To see the sad story, and photos click here...PLEASE pass this along to ANYONE who might help!





No comments: