Tuesday, May 01, 2012

A Bend in the Blues

A Bend in the Blues___24x30 oil on linen__$4500 framed
I used a couple of my recent field studies from last month's great bluebonnet "show" to paint this larger work. It will come to a show or go off to a gallery unless someone wants it QUICK!
Here is a link to the yucca painting that I did in the field.
http://vvaughan.blogspot.com/2012/04/double-yucca.html Working outside really makes the difference in "seeing" color and forms. I teach these things in my few workshops each year. Check out my schedule below!

_______________V....Vaughan Spring Schedule________________

Workshop: Fredericksburg Artists School, June 11-14
High School/Middle School Student Workshops: Austin, TX, June 18-21
 Southeastern Plein Air Festival, works hang thru May, Gadsden, AL
Memorial Day Weekend-May, Phippen Museum Western Art Show, Prescott, AZ

Summer Workshops in Texas, Colorado and more!
...see my schedule for more dates and events

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Beautiful as always!