Thursday, May 10, 2012

Blue Trailer

Blue Trailer II___11x14 oil on linen panel___$850 unframed
I am painting things now for the Phippen Museum Western Art Show in Prescott, AZ. I'll be there in a few weeks with new stuff and visiting old friends! The painting here is another ne using my student's "palette droppings". Zoom in to see some surprise color!
I used a palette knife, here, and painted for another small audience at my mom's nursing home. I like to joke that they are the best audience, because many of them do not see so well, and they were all raised to be polite and say "That's GOOD, dear!" hahaha...

I will teach a workshop in Fredericksburg next month, and plan to show how to work with palette droppings. My theme again is "Capturing Impressions Quickly"...this year we will work outside less and draw MORE! Email me if you are interested! vvaughan8@yahoo.com
_______________V....Vaughan Spring Schedule________________

Workshop: Fredericksburg Artists School, June 11-14
High School/Middle School Student Workshops: Austin, TX, June 18-21
 Southeastern Plein Air Festival, works hang thru May, Gadsden, AL
Memorial Dy Weekend-May, Phippen Museum Western Art Show, Prescott, AZ

Summer Workshops in Texas, Colorado and more!
...see my schedule for more dates and events

1 comment: