Sunday, September 14, 2008

Before Ike

"Samuel in Galveston"___8x6___This one is in MY collection

When they were younger, I made it a point to take my kids to Galveston every year...like my parents did with us growing up! I am the youngest of SEVEN kids, and my oldest brother was in medical school in Galveston when our family started visiting there a lot. Lately, I have frequented Rockport more often, but there is NOTHING like the beaches in Galveston: Texans either LOVE them or HATE them...there is no in-between with Galveston. Ike messed things up for now, but Galveston will be BACK!!!

WORKSHOP SCHEDULE....watch here for details!
*OCTOBER 18 - Calvert, TX ___Plein Aire Painting WorkshopSaturday Oct. 18, 8-5, officially, OR, sunrise to sunset. (sunrise is at 7:30 am. We will enjoy the famous Calvert Kolaches and I will do a demo. Sunset is at 6:51 pm, and YOU will paint that!..there will be lots of breaks during the day.. It's a long . but enjoyable day at an easy pace, with LOTS of info, including my famous "Chicken Clinic".Beautiful Calvert, Texas ...that's out in "Aggie Land, y'all.$80 Contact Cecilia for info and a supply list: grannyc_54@yahoo.com

*JUNE 12-14, 2009 Fredericksburg, TX__Plan ahead now for this Three Day Workshop at the Fredericksburg Artists School! Beautiful location in the Texas Hill Country. Contact me, especially if you are coming from out of state. I have some special help for you!...mailto:you!...vvaughan8@yahoo.com for details.

No comments: