Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Mom's Hair Day


"Mom's Hair Day"___from my sketchbook
I am the youngest of 7 kids, so my mom is getting up there in years. A couple weeks ago it became clear that she needed a little more help during her day, so she decided to live in an assisted living place for a while. These things are so hard on so many levels and for each family member involved. My mom is a joyful person who always has a smile and a laugh for everyone...and you'd better be smiling and laughing back at her or you'll hear about it!
hahaha "Our Thing" is her Tuesday hair day with Judy...and a Taco Bell taco afterwards.
Well, yesterday we didn't get the taco (mom did not want to miss her afternoon workout...what? ...she never worked out before!!!!....I sketched this looking at mom's reflection while Judy twirled her in the chair, building the bee-hive...

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

workout?
Wow, I'm impressed.
Love the paintings V, and I'll have to scrounge up a copy of the mag to see your article.
My own mama is an octogenarian now, But we still have her and that's wonderful.