Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Best Foot Forward


Best Foot Forward__8x6 oil on linen, for the SEWE show
If you know cats, you know this look...both eyes forward, one ear back...but I liked the "stretch" of his legs...if it wasn't for that, you might think Nemo was mad, but I think he's just focused.
For you artists: Working small is a good way to get something "out of your system". I have been in "cat mode" lately, and these small cat paintings are helping me solve some problems with fur and a furry body being foreshortened, and other art things...But one of the BEST benefits of producing SEVERAL paintigs of the same subject is that your colors are already mixed for the next canvas!
Workshop in Fredericksburg, TX, Feb. 5-7 vvaughan8@yahoo.com

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

lovely cat!!! More cats....please.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

I laugh when I get to your posts, V., just because they are so CAT! You've really captured the essence of feline.

Chris Ousley said...

This is great! I want to reach out and pet him.

Boot Camp U Austin said...

and oh how he loves the attention....come over an pet him anytime :-)

Joanne Hanson said...

I have a cat that sits exactly like that V....in fact, you have met him. Remember Dusty, the Siamese? Good luck and have fun at SEWE.