Thursday, January 14, 2010

Little Twilight Glow

Little Twilight Glow___9x12 oil on linen panel___sold (a commission)
This is a sort of "backwards" commission. USUALLY I do small studies in oils, as I work out compositional and color problems...and sometimes I make things up. When the idea works, I might turn it into a large canvas, using the smaller one as reference. THIS ONE, though, is a small version of a LARGE painting I posted in December. Click here to see it and compare composition, color and design. I will ship it to a collector in Colorado next week when it dries!
Hey you artists! Have you taken a workshop lately? It's a good way to snap out of "doldrums", to get some new ideas and to have some constant critique to sharpen you up. I welcome you to my winter workshop at Fredericksburg Artists School, Feb. 5-7. Email for info vvaughan8@yahoo.com

No comments: