Friday, January 08, 2010

Egret Scout_egret, white bird, flight

Egret Scout__6x8 oil on linen panel__ $190
If you like wildlife and the big outdoors, the next few weeks will be a great time for you to watch my blog! I am preparing a few dozen small works for the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition in Charleston, SC (Feb 12 - 14). There are plenty of egrets in the wet lands out there, and they are a favorite thing of mine to paint.
Come paint with me in Fredericksburg, TX ! On Feb 5 - 7 at the Fredericksburg Artists School, I have ordered some beautiful sunsets and moonrises! We'll paint a lot, visit a lot, eat a lot and visit Luckenbach and some of the other nearby sights. vvaughan8@yahoo.com

3 comments:

Art with Liz said...

Love these last two paintings of the birds V. Looking forward to the wildlife work.

James Parker said...

I'm amazed I haven't stumbled on your blog until now, and when I get here, there's Liz Pearson commenting before me...a long time blog follower of mine! Your work is delightful. I'm just down the road from you in Burnet, and I just hopped on your blogwagon...I'll be back often to check your artwork. I invite you to drop by my blog...coffee's on.

Kathleen said...

Very nice - I like the sense of movement in the bird and the reflection on the water is great!