Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Luz de Espada___Auction April 28




















"Luz de Espada" 16 x 2o original oil
This big painting will be auctioned on April 28 in Round Rock, TX, to benefit Round Rock Christian Academy.
I have taught art here for 17 years and my children have all attended this great school. The auction is a big annual event, but sometimes my donated paintings sell for WAY under the usual price.
"Luz de Espada" means "Light of Espada"...Espada is the name of the mission in San Antonio, TX. There are 4 missions in the area, and it is a National Monument...something you MUST see if you can. I imagined this scene...a lonely traveler being greeted by the warm glow of light, something these missions provided long ago to a poor weary place!
I encourage you to call the school and put in a bid if you are interested in great art and a great cause: superior education! You might be the high bidder and still win this at a great price! Please e-mail me if you would like to see a higher resolution image vvaughan8@yahoo.com


No comments: